***Media: Press release available here.
Did you know that only 50% of cats receive regular veterinary care, compared to 80% of dogs?
Cats deserve vet care too, but we know that carrier challenges and stressful visits in the past can discourage owners from bringing them in for regular check-ups.
If this describes your cat, Scaredy Cats Day is for you!
– Cat appointments only, to reduce stress for cats that are scared of dogs
– Advice on low-stress techniques to get cats in carriers + large-opening carriers available to borrow
– Inexpensive and gentle pre-appointment calming medication available
– Calming cat pheromones used throughout the clinic
– Fear-free cat handling techniques used during exams
Limited appointments available, so call, email, or request your cat’s appointment online now!
Why do regular exams matter?
Cats are excellent at hiding signs of pain and illness, which means that by the time they look unwell their health problems can be quite advanced, and they may have been in discomfort for some time.
Regular physical exams can help identify health issues early, when they are easier (and cheaper) to treat:
– Kidney and thyroid disease are common in cats over 12, but if caught early the progression can be slowed
– Dental issues are one of the most common and painful conditions affecting cats, and can be identified by your vet long before symptoms are seen at home
– Your vet can help you address behaviour problems before they become unmanageable
Take advantage of Scaredy Cats Day and book your cat’s appointment now!
P.S. If you aren’t available on Friday, August 24th, we can offer your cat a fear-free visit on other days too – just ask when you call to book, and we would be happy to help!